In 2019, KSE in cooperation with GIZ launched the Trade+, International Trade Research Center that is primarily focused on the issues of fostering Ukrainian exports, identifying promising markets and goods and deepening cooperation with strategic partners, developing recommendations for evidence-based trade and economic policy.
During 2019-2021, the Trade + Center implemented about 15 projects related to international trade, European integration, as well as broader economic issues.
Key research expertise:
• Bilateral trade and trade under the WTO
• EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and Free Trade Area (DCFTA)
• Trade policy and implementation of Ukraine’s Export Strategy
• Tariff and non-tariff barriers, application of trade defense measures
• Global economic developments and foreign trade
• Macroeconomic policy and trade
• Innovation and productivity growth for export promotion, etc.
In 2019-2021, Trade + successfully implemented the following projects: