This course introduces the concept of strategic management through readings, discussion and case analyses, and considers the basic direction and goals of an organization, the environment (social, political, technological, economic and global factors), industry and market structure, and organizational strengths and weaknesses. The emphasis is on the development and successful implementation of strategy in different types of firms across industries.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the nature of strategic competitiveness and develop the ability to analyze the competitive environment facing a firm, assess the attractiveness of the industry and isolate potential sources of competitive advantage and disadvantage.
- Develop business level strategies by defining the type of advantage sought, scope of operations and activities required to deliver the chosen strategy.
- Assess the likely sustainability of firm strategies and competitive positions.
- Consider how to effectively implement plans within the constraints imposed by the complex behavior of individuals within organizations. Each student should be able to effectively communicate his or her conclusions in both oral and written form.
- Assess differing styles of management and leadership and consider the essential role of person-al values in leading an organization.
Lecturer: Arkadiy Vershebenyuk, Head of Non-Core Assets in Alfa-Bank.
Exams & certification:
After the successful completion of the course, the participants will get a certificate.
Price: UAH 30 000
Please fill in the form below and our Program Coordinator will contact you as soon as possible.