Russian aggression has destroyed Ukrainian campuses and dormitories. The war has pushed students and academics from their homes. In spite of it, Ukrainian academics and students continue their work and studies on campuses in bomb shelters in Kyiv and other cities. However, the war created deep disruptions in the education process with many faculty members and administrative personnel displaced or re-focused on war-related activities. To fill these gaps, the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE) – a leading undergraduate and graduate education institution in Ukraine – is seeking expressions of interest in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in the KSE for the remaining academic year 2022-23 and for the next academic year 2023-2024.
KSE has an undergraduate program in Business Economics and two graduate (Master’s level) programs in Economics (“Economic Analysis” and “Business and Financial Economics”). The academic year is divided into 5 two-month miniterms.
We are seeking expressions of interest in (pro-bono) teaching in any area of Economics, at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, starting January 2023. Courses will be taught in English and online. We request 8-10 teaching hours per term depending on your availability. There are also opportunities to supervise graduate students (serve as a mentor) on students’ projects and/or term papers.
- An opportunity to teach to a selected group of highly-motivated students from all over Ukraine.
- An opportunity to contribute to the rebuilding of Ukraine by educating the next generation of economists.
- An opportunity to come to Kyiv, Ukraine to teach in person for those who are interested.
If interested, please send the following to the email addresses listed below:
- A cover letter outlining the course(s) you are willing to teach and your availability. Please kindly include a brief paragraph stating your motivation for this expression of interest. If you have taught the proposed course at your home institution, please kindly include the syllabus.
- A CV that includes publication record.
- Please submit your expression of interest to [email protected] and [email protected] (all email addresses should be included)
Humanitarian aid during the war:
- KSE collected 38 mln USD in donations
Education during the war:
- “Frontiers in Economics 4 Ukraine”, weekly academic seminars during the first months of the invasion (March – June 2022).
- “Global Minds for Ukraine”, online lectures by top international intellectuals (in progress)
- “Ukrainian Global University”, a project to identify and support displaced Ukrainian students
- Summer schools and events on campus in Kyiv (Luis Garicano, Urban planning, Disaster Management, Public Memory, AI, Data-driven Publishing)
Research during the war: