- Kyiv School of Economics
- Position: Policy and Communications Analyst
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hey there! KSE Institute, at the Kyiv School of Economics, one of the largest think tanks in Ukraine, is on the lookout for a talented Policy and Communications Analyst to become part of our amazing team in Washington D.C. You’ll be working side by side with Elina Ribakova, Director of the International Program in D.C., and Nataliia Shapoval, KSE Vice President, in Kyiv. As our Policy and Communications Analyst, you’ll be crucial in generating insightful economic analysis and engaging with American and European experts, policy communities, journalists, and academia. Your mission? To raise awareness about the war in Ukraine and the global challenges caused by Russian aggression.
What you’ll be doing:
- Digging deep into research and analysis on sanctions on Russia, Ukraine’s recovery, and Ukraine`s economy.
- Creating easy-to-understand analytical texts, policy briefs, and reports for a wide range of audiences.
- Teaming up with KSE Institute’s research centers and experts to collect relevant data and insights.
- Building relationships with American and European stakeholders to promote collaboration and information sharing.
- Designing and putting into action communication strategies to spread the word about KSE Institute’s research findings and recommendations.
- Being our voice at events, conferences, and meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Economics, International Relations, Political Science, or something similar.
- At least 3 years of experience in policy analysis, research, or communications related to international affairs or economics.
- A knack for analyzing and researching, with the ability to turn complex information into clear and straightforward messages.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills in English; if you know Ukrainian or Russian, that’s a bonus!
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or other relevant languages for data analysis, visualization, and policy modeling will also be an advantage.
- A good grasp of Ukraine’s political and economic scene and an understanding of the ongoing conflict with Russia.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with a diverse team and engage with various stakeholders.
- Self-driven and able to work independently in a dynamic environment.
At KSE Institute, we offer competitive pay and a supportive work environment.
To join us on this exciting journey, please send the following documents to the email [email protected]
- cover letter,
- writing sample showcasing your analytical and communication skills.
KSE Institute is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We can’t wait to hear from you!