An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Legal Counsel within the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE) – a flagman educational and research institution, the well-established and unchallenged leader in economics in Ukraine.
This role is for a person sharing our vision to build the intellectual foundation for a strong and innovative economy of Ukraine.
Work at KSE is:
- Daily challenges you like
- An opportunity to improve your skills and learn something new
- Employee discount
- Paid sick leave and vacation days
- Environment of smart and successful people who motivate to development
- Friendly and democratic working environment
The candidate is expected to:
- Actively participate in influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning and development as a member of the Management Team
- Specialize in employment and labour laws, grants management, educational area of law
- Monitor developments in the legal field and provide updates to colleagues and management
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts related to everyday operations such as with vendors and suppliers as well as clients and donors
- Review and negotiate contracts that allow the KSE to function such as employment agreements or grant agreements with donors
- Advise the KSE on every legal matter such as legal risks, compliance with Ukrainian and international regulations and corporate governance
- Provide general legal advice about educational practices, payment procedures etc.
- Provide substantial legal advice, support and opinions to various grant and educational activities
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- 1+ years of legal experience
- Experience in licensing and accreditation of higher education institutions (will be an advantage)
- Work experience in higher education institutions and knowledge of education legislation (will be an advantage)
- Knowledge of standards of organizational and administrative documentation
- Good command of Ukrainian and English – speaking, writing and listening
- MA in law
- Free use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of ethical principles and rules of business communication
- Ability to systematize and analyze a large amount of information
- Ability to work and solve several problems simultaneously; determine the priority of tasks
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your motivation letter and CV indicating the salary expectations to [email protected].
Mark your email subject line: Legal Counsel / Accreditation Specialist.
We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with our opportunity.